Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hair Cut

I have so much to catch up on. I still need to blog about our family road trip to Utah, Idaho, and California. I still need to post about my brother's missionary homecoming and about my brother coming to Arizona to visit, but all of that is too overwhelming right now. So, instead, I am going to post a few pictures of Ethan's hair cut that he got today...and further procrastinate blogging about the last month of vacations.

Ethan has been TERRIBLE about letting me cut his hair. The end result of Ethan's last hair cut was an almost bald spot for Ethan, and a very frustrated mother. I swore, after my last experience, that I was going to give up haircutting altogether. But a few weeks later, when Ethan's hair was getting too long again, I started pricing hair cuts. As I did so the saver side of me surfaced. I just couldn't bring myself to pay someone for something I knew how to do just to avoid a battle. So I decided I would try to give hair cutting one final chance. My new tactic was to use a little reasoning and a little bribery. I told Ethan he could watch a movie if he would let me cut his hair while the movie was playing. If he started to protest I would turn the movie off. It worked like a charm. He sat so well. A few times I had to remind him to sit still or the movie would get turned off and he would immediately settle down. Victory! It worked for today and I will take it. So here is Ethan's new hair cut.



Another battle was getting these picture taken...whew! Someone please tell me that EVERYTHING won't be a battle forever!

3 comments:

Trapper and Suzy said...

Everything won't be a battle forever! : ) You did a great job on his hair! He's quite the stud. I cut Trapper's hair, but I don't cut the boys' hair. I tried once and I was so afraid of jabbing the scissors in his head. So Trapper does it and they do a great job! Like you, we have to turn on a fun show and bribe them with a Popsicle or candy.

Cassie said...

You need to teach me how to cut hair...that looks great!

Erika said...

Good job! Well, it will be a battle at least for awhile. Everything is also a battle with Julia, some times I need a break! Just remember, it's his age not his personality.